It is nice to have our first camping down day. We were able to have an awesome breakfast. The camp stove is perfect for the campers. We were able to have a great breakfast and start the day right. Scrambled eggs, bacon, homemade cinnamon bread, granola, and yogurt made up the foundation of our day. We drove to the Badlands early and were simply amazed. Whoever is paid to do marketing for the Badlands needs to be fired! This place is so unique. Betsy said that a sci-fi movie could be filmed on the grounds and people would ask where it was filmed. We attached some photos so you can appreciate the vastness. Please add it to your bucket list. Our lunch was in the Badlands were Emily, Molly, Samantha, and William jetted off to experience the Badlands first hand. At the Badlands, you can climb and discover the National Park. Molly loved the vertical hiking and Emily’s physique is perfect of the climbing and descending of land. Liam had a great time getting to our ‘comfort zone’ with the technical climbing.
After the Badlands, some hit Wall Drug and others went back to camp to relax before dinner. Dinner was an awesome pasta/chicken dish that Jen whipped up. As her assistant, I was blown away at her calmness and confidence as she cooked off a foreign stove for 12 people.
As the dinner was getting ready to serve, a Wall police officer moved into the park. He told us about the tornado watch for our county, but was confident that the storm would go south. The kids got very concerned about the storm. We ate fast and cleaned up even faster. We could tell that we were going to get socked by something.
With the storm on our doorstep, we ran out of beer. I told Jen that I was ready to go out and risk everything to get more. The sky was ugly, so I offered to take the kids and Jen. This choice was the best choice I have made thus far! We witnessed an amazing storm and were able to see a double rainbow and lightning strikes just miles from each other. The video from the girls makes me laugh every time I see it.
After the Badlands, some hit Wall Drug and others went back to camp to relax before dinner. Dinner was an awesome pasta/chicken dish that Jen whipped up. As her assistant, I was blown away at her calmness and confidence as she cooked off a foreign stove for 12 people.
As the dinner was getting ready to serve, a Wall police officer moved into the park. He told us about the tornado watch for our county, but was confident that the storm would go south. The kids got very concerned about the storm. We ate fast and cleaned up even faster. We could tell that we were going to get socked by something.
With the storm on our doorstep, we ran out of beer. I told Jen that I was ready to go out and risk everything to get more. The sky was ugly, so I offered to take the kids and Jen. This choice was the best choice I have made thus far! We witnessed an amazing storm and were able to see a double rainbow and lightning strikes just miles from each other. The video from the girls makes me laugh every time I see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment