The boat trip was a blast (http://www.ssbadger.com/home.aspx). The kids had the full run of the ship while the adults sat on the port side for nearly 2 hours uninterrupted. The voyage lasted 4 hours and we were rested when we started the driving. Stop one was in Champion, WI (northeast of Green Bay). Jenny’s forefathers settled in this region. We visited a shrine that was on their land (http://www.shrineofourladyofgoodhelp.com). After that shrine, we went to the shrine of all football fans: Lambeau Field. We only had 90 minutes so we could not take the 60 minute tour and the Hall-of-Fame which would take me 2-3 hours, and not to mention the Pro Shop! For anyone who has been there, the atrium is amazing! (http://www.lambeaufield.com/home/) I went over to the PR lady and asked if there was any way to see the field (thinking I need a photo like Joe, Danny, and Andy at Lambeau). She said no, but she noticed I had my old-school Reggie White jersey on. She then pulled out a paper to point me
to his statue; however, I was blinded by the diamonds on her ring. She had a newly minted, Packer issued Super Bowl ring from February’s game. She had just received it 2 weeks ago and her name was engraved on it. We took many photos that we will upload to Picassa.
After we got kicked out of the gift shop because Greg played with too many things and nearly broke the $1200 Waterford Packer Vase, we went to Appleton. Here, Jim earned his stripes by navigating us through construction zones so we could find Jen’s grandfather’s house. While Jim was navigating streets, Molly was navigating the ‘Around Me’ functions and scored us a steak dinner in Appleton. The 4 hour drive to La Crosse took us through dairy country. Plump happy cows as Andrea calls them dotted the rolling hills. We pulled into the hotel after 10.
When I was at Marquette, my last lacrosse game was in La Crosse, WI. I was hit below the knee while planting to shoot and messed up my left knee. I plan to take the kids out for a quick catch. We brought 4 lacrosse sticks and Jim/Meg brought 3; so we can have our own game!
We are up early tomorrow to cross the Mighty Mississippi and to pick up my sister Betsy who is flying into Sioux Falls, SD.
After we got kicked out of the gift shop because Greg played with too many things and nearly broke the $1200 Waterford Packer Vase, we went to Appleton. Here, Jim earned his stripes by navigating us through construction zones so we could find Jen’s grandfather’s house. While Jim was navigating streets, Molly was navigating the ‘Around Me’ functions and scored us a steak dinner in Appleton. The 4 hour drive to La Crosse took us through dairy country. Plump happy cows as Andrea calls them dotted the rolling hills. We pulled into the hotel after 10.
When I was at Marquette, my last lacrosse game was in La Crosse, WI. I was hit below the knee while planting to shoot and messed up my left knee. I plan to take the kids out for a quick catch. We brought 4 lacrosse sticks and Jim/Meg brought 3; so we can have our own game!
We are up early tomorrow to cross the Mighty Mississippi and to pick up my sister Betsy who is flying into Sioux Falls, SD.
Thanks for the emails and comments.
Took that boat ride a lifetime ago when camping across Canada and upper US. Thanks for the lovely reminder. Safe travels.
ReplyDelete